Getting to know Speedminton® - Anywhere, Anytime
With your Speedminton® equipment, you can play anywhere and anytime! All you need is two rackets, a Speeder™ and there you go. The Speeder™ is specially designed for outdoor play, wind resistant up to wind force 4 and a stable flight path up to 100 feet. Play with no limits; in the park, on the street or in the backyard - fun is guaranteed. You don't need a net and with the NIGHT Speeder™ and Speedlights, you can even play in the dark.
To play a match, use the Easy Court, or mark out two squares of 18 feet (the playing court), at a distance of 42 feet.
Claudia Paul, P.E. Teacher;
“I love the game. It is quick, fun and flexible. It does not need the gym facilities for success. Also, I love that it is a new family game to be introduced at family get togethers. Anything is better than television and computers.”
Speedminton® Quick Start
- Start hitting the FUN Speeder™ (red coat, yellow cap)
- Have a distance of about 15 feet between you and your partner.
- The serve has to be made at waist level.
- When you get used to the Speeder™, increase the distance to your partner up to 30 feet.
- Now switch over to the MATCH Speeder™ (yellow coat, red cap). The is distance to your partner should be about 40-50 feet.
- When in strong wind, use a wind ring over the Speeder™ cap.
- Wanna play at night? Use the NIGHT Speeder™ (yellow coat, transparent cap) and insert a Speedlight. "Bend" the Speedlight and push it firmly into the cap and you are ready. Fun from dusk 'til dawn!
Download our beginner guide, here, providing you with the basics of Crossminton.
See our lesson plans below, setting out a series of Crossminton sessions for group and individual training!
Lesson 1: BASICS
Lesson 2: FHBH INTRODUCTION
Lesson 3: SERVE RECAP
Lesson 4: OVERHEAD FOREHAND
Lesson 5: RECAP AND DRIVE
Lesson 6: OFFENSIVE TACTICS
Lesson 7: DEFENSIVE TACTICS
Lesson 8: PLAYING DOUBLES
For more pictures about Speedminton® and the sport Crossminton visit our DOWNLOAD GALLERY!